Tuesday, July 1, 2008

Family Fun - Chellsie Memmel


Chellsie Memmel hopes to make it to the U.S. gymnastics team and compete in the 2008 Summer Olympics. She is 19 years old and from West Allis, Wisconsin. One aspect of her life that makes her especially interesting is that her father is also her coach. Both her parents were gymnasts and her dad has always played a part in her training but in 2004 he started to train her full time.


I remember when I was younger that my dad and I used to play sports together also. Sometimes he used to kick around a soccer ball with me or help me work on aspects of the game I wanted to improve on. We also used to have friendly races and he always said that he would beat me...but he never did! My sister and I also play sports together. Soemtimes we play pass with a soccer ball or take turns shooting on goal. When we dance together we give each other feedback and tips on how to improve. I love spending this time with my dad and sister. It's a great way to become closer and bond with your family


Do you ever play sports with anyone in your family? Comment below and tell me about it.

No comments: