Monday, July 28, 2008

8/8/08


August 8, 2008 will be the first day of the Beijing Olympics. Olympic hype has been everywhere for months now, but the real deal is about to begin. Some of my friends are traveling to Beijing and will be there during the Olympics. I wish I could travel to Beijing and see everything in person, but even though I will be watching everything on the TV from my living room couch, I am very excited.

One event that I can’t wait to watch is soccer. I play soccer and I also love to watch it. I can’t wait to see which teams come out on top and watch all my favorite players matched up against each other. I remember the last big tournament that I followed closely was the World Cup in 2006. I watched as many games as I could and made sure I caught the final. And boy am I glad I did, the final was filled with suspense and drama and resulted in an extremely tense ending of penalty kicks. I hope the Olympics will be just as exciting and fun to watch!

Another event which I always watch is gymnastics. The things those gymnasts can do completely amazes me! Whenever I watch gymnastics, I sit transfixed. The balance, flexibility, flips, jumps, and turns are incredible to watch. Diving is another sport that fascinates me and I am looking forward to seeing divers from around the world compete together in Beijing. Synchronized diving amazes me – not only can those athletes perform remarkable movements with their bodies, but they can do it perfectly coordinated with another person!

I am so excited that this year is an Olympic year and that we can watch tons of sports on TV! What Olympic events will you be tuning into? Which events do you find the most interesting and exciting to watch?

No comments: