Thursday, July 24, 2008

Panic Attack!


Last week I hurt my foot. Not badly, but I definitely couldn’t dance. I was panicking.


Normally I wouldn’t be too worried about the kind of injury I had because it would heal in a couple days - at most by the end of the week. This time was different because of a huge dance performance I had coming up. The performance was not for another month or so but I needed every day to practice. Lets just say that taking a week off was not an option.

I was doing everything to make my foot better as soon as possible - I iced it 5 times a day and then heated it like the doctor told me to. The doctor also took a scan of my foot to make sure that there was no hairline fracture or anything serious that would take weeks or months to heal. While I was waiting for the results of the scan to come back, I was very nervous because I couldn’t afford to take many days off of practice if I was going to perform in the next couple of weeks. Thankfully it is ok and I can dance on it now, but if it had been more serious and had not healed as quickly as it did, I would not have known what to do.


Have you ever gotten hurt before a big game or performance? Comment below and tell me what you would do in that situation.



No comments: