Saturday, July 12, 2008

Stars And Their Fans

We all have our favorite sports players and teams but how many of us actually get to meet them? Not all players take the time out to meet their fans and sign autographs. Corey Maggette of the Warriors is one player that does.

The first day Maggette officially became a Warrior he spent the entire morning signing autographs and speaking to coaches and players. He visited a youth basketball camp and took photos and answered questions the campers had for him.

As an avid soccer fan myself, there are certain players that I would love to meet. I have been to a few games where I have seen some of these players play but I have never gotten the opportunity to meet any of them. I saw many amazing U.S. players when I went to a USA v. Japan game and I also saw the famous Beckham at an Earthquakes v. LA Galaxy game. While I was watching these games I realized that just watching all the talented players play was rewarding in itself and I didn’t need to get an autograph. I hope I get the opportunity to watch more of my favorite players play in the future and maybe even meet them.

Comment below and tell me about your favorite sports players and if you have ever gotten any autographs from him/her.

No comments: