Monday, July 21, 2008

Sports Around the World

I love traveling and seeing new places as well as playing sports. So when I found out that I would be going to Hawaii during the summer with my soccer team I was very excited because it was a combination of two of my favorite things.

We played in a tournament there and got to participate in customs we had never even heard of before. For example, in Hawaii it is customary to give the team you play a small gift when the game is over. We made hair bands for all the girls we played against and got great gifts in return including charms and snacks. Learning about sports in other places and the little differences in how people play those sports is very interesting to me. Have you ever played sports in a different state or country and is it different?

The trip was also very exciting because we participated in sports other than soccer while we were there. One of my favorite ones was surfing! I had no idea how tiring surfing could be and even though it completely tired me out, it was exciting and definitely worth it! Surfing lived up to my expectations and I hope I can do it again sometime soon. Do you remember your feelings after playing a sport for the first time?

Comment below and tell me about your experiences with playing sports in different places.

No comments: