Thursday, July 3, 2008

Sibling rivalry and the Williams sisters


Wimbledon is the oldest tennis championship in the world and one of the four Grand Slam tournaments. It is held every summer in London, England where the world’s best tennis players come to compete. Venus and Serena Williams are sisters who have dominated the courts for many years and will face off against each other in the Wimbledon Finals…for the third time! It is also the seventh time they both made it to a Grand Slam final match.

Some members of my family are crazy about tennis and I grew up hearing a lot about the Williams sisters. My cousins were especially crazy about tennis and we used to watch it whenever we visited them - especially during the summer when it was Wimbledon time! They used to root for their favorite players and stay glued to the TV until Wimbledon was over. Whenever I saw the Williams sisters play I thought it was so cool how the sisters had to play each other all the time and still had a great relationship with each other.

Have you ever competed against a sibling or a friend? Comment below and tell me if you like or dislike competing against people you know well.

No comments: