Sunday, July 27, 2008

Take Me Out to the Ball Game!

Take me out to the ball game.

Take me out to the crowd.

Buy me some peanuts and cracker jacks.

I don’t care if I ever come back.

We probably all know those words as the theme song of baseball, our nation’s favorite game. We’ve sung them since we were little kids and through all of our little league games. But today, I got to live those words in front of the best men of the game in the entire world.

I’ve been to a few baseball games before, but today felt really specially. I watched my favorite team, the San Francisco Giants, at their home stadium. I even got a bobblehead figure of the team’s best pitcher, Matt Cain because I was one of the first 20,000 fans to get to the game. I ate the stadium’s famous garlic fries and had seats along the third base line. I even saw the things that make it world famous. The stadium isn’t old and legendary like some of the best ballparks in the league, but that stadium is a home with many cool features. During the game I was able to walk around the stadium and see the giant Coke bottle and baseball glove in left field. They’re kind of like the stadium’s trademarks and show where the ball would travel to 500 feet if a home run was hit that far.

I should say that the Giants did lose, 7-2. But more important than the outcome of the game was actually being there in person for my team and seeing all the important places that make them my favorite.

What sports games have you been to? What was your favorite part of being their for your team. Tell us all about it!

No comments: