Wednesday, July 2, 2008

Record Breaking


Olympic swimmer Natalie Coughlin has broken many records including personal records, U.S. records, and world records. She won 5 medals at the 2004 Athens games and holds U.S. records in four events. She even beat her own world record for the 100 backstroke during preliminary heats for the 2008 Olympic Games. Backstroke is her main event and she was the first woman to break one minute and the first woman to break 59 seconds in the 100 meter backstroke.


We can’t all break world records but we can improve and break our own previous records. Whenever I run a race in track I always hope to beat my personal record. Even if I don’t win, I am usually happy if I do my best and beat my old best time. It feels great to beat your own personal record because it means that you are improving.


What sports do you like to play? Comment below and tell me about times when you played your best or broke your own record.

No comments: