Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Waiting for my ride


First of all, I was never flexible enough or good enough to do the gymnastics move in the picture. That is incredible, right?

But now to the story. I first did gymnastics when I was in kindergarten and first grade. We'd go on the mats and do a lot of tumbling exercises. A lot of somersaults, cartwheels, even some hopping! It was great fun jumping into the pit of foam bricks- don't worry the foam means it's really soft- as good as jumping into a pool of pillows!

I have this really vivid memory of my mom dropping me off at the gym one day for a gymnastics session. Somehow there was a mistake and there was nobody at the building! I remember waiting by the doorway not sure what to do- thinking I would just have to wait an hour for my mom to show back up. While waiting for the time to pass I saw two spiders fighting in a spiderweb. It was an epic battle! That occupied my time for a while and then my mom picked me up. She asked me how gymnastics was and I said, "Good! Actually, I was the only one there- I did learn some good moves from spiders though." Ha ha.

Hopefully you've never been left at a practice, but do you have any gymnastics stories? What's your favorite part?

13 comments:

Unknown said...

so you like jimmastics - bobby jak

Unknown said...

yaaa - bobby jak

Unknown said...

cool - killer321

Unknown said...

whoa-spivysalsa - Spicysalsa

Unknown said...

hi i loke hockey but im a girl i like the new york rangers!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! -hello(and yes hello is my name) - Hello

Unknown said...

its kinda lame gymastics i wasnt a really big fan
- kayara14

Unknown said...

YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA GO YOU GO YAAAAAAAA GO FROM ALR1 GO YAAA - alr1

Unknown said...

Cool - lizzy

Unknown said...

thats crazy - Spicysalsa

Unknown said...

KURT WARNER!
- Spicysalsa

Unknown said...

i really aint a big gymnastics fan but the story is pimp i got 1 question though wich spider won. hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha. Ps. max2015. - max2015

Unknown said...

yea nice i wish i was flexible but i am not lol - Trinity

Unknown said...

I love gymnastic sooooooooooooooooo cool!!!!!!!! - IGGY