Monday, November 3, 2008

Finding Friends Through Sports!


We all know that sports are good for your body. They build muscles, expand the lungs, and strengthen the bones of athletes of any age, from kids to older adults like your parents. But sports help you do another thing, as I’ll be finding out this fall: they can help you make some great friends!

It turns out that there is a huge club of people in my town who run together every day. I’m really into running long distances and training for races like marathons, just like they are! They let people from anywhere join their club and run with them, so that’s exactly what I’m going to do.

I feel really lucky to find people like the folks in this club. Sports are fun, but they are even better when you’ve got friends to share that excitement with. Not only will the runners in this club help me get over homesickness, but they’ll help me learn about and have more fun with the sport I love. I can’t wait to join!


Have you made some good friends playing sports?

14 comments:

Unknown said...

BORING!!!! - Maria

Unknown said...

awsome! ROCK THE WORLD WITH SPORTS - Lilly

Unknown said...

that is soooo cool
- Bite

Unknown said...

why are the jerseys so expensive? - bamboo

Unknown said...

yea if you play sports on a team you will probabbly make a lot of freinds.I made half of my friends by doing a lot of sports.Its other good way to meet people. - Nikki

Unknown said...

i made alot of friends from playing soccer and plus in soccer u have to get along or u dont make a goal. - soccergirl86

Unknown said...

That is another way to make friends wich is a really cool way. - Nikki

Unknown said...

asome
- donkey828

Unknown said...

huh? - Smiley

Unknown said...

in field hockey i became friens with ppl i didn't think i liked in school but were fun during sports . =)
- animallover20 - Freckles

Unknown said...

i agree with lily- I WOULD DIE WITHOUT SPORTS! =)
- animallover20 - Freckles

Unknown said...

does somone like me - suntan14 - suntan14

Unknown said...

happy hallaween - Miley25

Unknown said...

I fell a lot in PE playing soccer. It HURT!!! - Patricia303431