Sunday, November 9, 2008

Dance!


Sports are a lot of fun! You can meet new people through sports and make new friends. Sports are also a great way to get some exercise and participate in an activity that you love.

I love to dance, but not many people know about the dance that I do. It is called Bharatanatyam (I know, it can be a little hard to say) and it is a type of Indian classical dance. It is a very old style of dance and people have been dancing Bharatanatyam for hundreds of years. Even though it is a dance, I have to act a little bit because a lot of the pieces that I perform are stories that I tell through dance.

Where I live, only a few people know about Bharatanatyam. It can be hard to explain to other people what kind of dance Bharatanatyam is, so sometimes I invite my friends who have never heard of it to come and watch me perform. Performing in front of lots of people can be scary and it makes me nervous. Has anyone ever told you to pretend the audience is in their underwear to make you less nervous? That idea doesn't work for me! I just practice a lot and try my best!

I love playing sports, the ones that no one has heard about and also more popular ones. Have you ever heard of or played any sports that not many other people know about? What sports do you like to play or watch? What are your favorite things about sports?

32 comments:

Unknown said...

creepy - chibi

Unknown said...

u now i like to danse so this is cool wat do you think? - smarty

Unknown said...

can i se the comments plz
- smarty

Unknown said...

0lms0 - Cheif

Unknown said...

i play soccer its great
- kimmy

Unknown said...

i love to dance also it is greate - Anna

Unknown said...

Do you dance - spotes

Unknown said...

this pic is really really creepy!!!!!!!!!!!! - Jag9

Unknown said...

I like to dance but not always because I'm very shy and also don't dance a lot because I have sisters adn - Shakira

Unknown said...

Wow. Its ..... um..... colorful. Sorry for lying. - emo princess

Unknown said...

hi - zach the great chimp

Unknown said...

do they have buildings to do it in
- lily

Unknown said...

nice - ashley

Unknown said...

soccer rocks!
-zera - zera

Unknown said...

nice... - Ashley

Unknown said...

i don't dance!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! - Sadie

Unknown said...

Yea I Think That 2
iM Abby - sharpay99

Unknown said...

I Love 2 Dance I Go To Dance Class Every Tuesday. It Is Very Fun And Its Great To Have Lots And Lots Of Energy! -Abby - sharpay99

Unknown said...

THATS NOT DANCING- CHANGO - Chango

Unknown said...

Um..... SCARY!!!! - emo princess

Unknown said...

Im at home! - Pucca

Unknown said...

wow thats like how i sometimes when dress when i dance awesome it sort of hurts with all that jewerly - Angel45

Unknown said...

omg love da dress - Baby

Unknown said...

uuuuummmmmm thats really SCARY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
_____________from, ,,
username__junk
real name____megan - junk

Unknown said...

uuhhhhh i do gymnastics __k___NOT DANCING
dancing is really scary - junk

Unknown said...

i think that is cool!
- Jamie

Unknown said...

i rarely dance but not much. - RainDrop

Unknown said...

wever all about this - ashley

Unknown said...

I love old traditions; right now Im trying to learn how to play the ocarina (that type of instrument has been around for 12,000 years, really). - Link

Unknown said...

i like her oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo - ALEX

Unknown said...

Patatoes! and llammas.....,?? - Nikki

Unknown said...

home i hope you win - Nikkie