Sunday, November 2, 2008

Practice Makes Perfect


If you play soccer, you understand how exhilarating it is to fake a player out with a move and then speed by them. I have always loved doing that but it takes a lot of practice to be able to fake someone out successfully.

I remember learning new moves during soccer practice and then practicing them so that I could execute them successfully during a game. I remember learning moves like the scissor move, cuts, stepovers and croifs. We also used to learn new plays at practice like the wall pass and overlap. My team used to do these moves and plays over and over during soccer practice so that we knew them really well and they became second nature to us. Once we felt comfortable with them, we would use the moves and plays in a game. It was always very exciting when a move or play that I had practiced worked during a game.

I haven’t learned any new soccer moves lately but I did just learn a new dance piece and I am very excited to practice it and get better at performing it. Today I danced that piece about 10 times because I wanted to make sure it was ingrained into my brain and that I wouldn’t forget it.


Have you ever learned a new move or play? Comment below and tell me if those moves or plays ever worked in a game.

17 comments:

Unknown said...

nice kick - kitty

Unknown said...

Soccer isn't a major sport in my life but i luv to play it at recess with all of my friends it is soooo much fun! - Twinkles

Unknown said...

hi my name is becky i soker and foot ball - robobuddy

Unknown said...

cool - valentina

Unknown said...

hi - nl10

Unknown said...

i like football - sassy101

Unknown said...

HI LIKE THE SOCCER BUT MY FAVORITE SPORT IS THE BASEBALL - Albe

Unknown said...

you play good keep it up.HannahPanda - HannahPanda

Unknown said...

well soccer is ok but the fun part is...KICKING IT!!! lol-gaara - gaara

Unknown said...

cool.I LOVE soccer - Sassy

Unknown said...

SOCCER,

U HAVE TO KEEP UR HEAD IN THE GAME AND KEEP IT THERE AND U MAYBE WIN !! - HANNAH56

Unknown said...

nice i love soccer i think he had a nice kick i bet scored! - cristian so u - cristian so u

Unknown said...

love it! - sparkley

Unknown said...

you gotta gecha head in the game
p.s you rock - miley

Unknown said...

I play soccer and I love it I think that it is all about speed,strengt,andagalited
- Daddys Little Angel

Unknown said...

I play soccer - Daddys Little Angel

Unknown said...

heyy peeps that is soo cool check me out!! - Kyle