Monday, August 11, 2008

A Sight to See


A group of people danced on a huge sheet of paper – as they danced a picture began to appear on the paper – the dancers were drawing with their feet and arms AS THEY DANCED! Hundreds of Tai Chi Masters performed perfectly synchronized Tai Chi movements in a circle around a group children (symbolizing the future). These amazing events as well as other amazing feats were performed during the opening ceremony of the 2008 Beijing Olympic Games.

I unfortunately did not catch the opening ceremony live. Everyone who saw it told me it was amazing and that I just had to see it. They told me that there were hundreds of people perfectly synchronized who moved, drummed, and danced in perfect harmony. They told me there was a flying man who lit the torch. They told me about impressive flames and lights and fireworks.

I wish I had seen the entire thing live but after hearing rave reviews I began watching bits and pieces online. Even though watching the ceremony like that was not ideal, it did not diminish the incredible performance.

This opening ceremony attracted a huge number of television viewers – more than almost any other opening ceremony since television was invented. Were you one of those viewers - did you watch the opening ceremony? Comment below and tell me your favorite parts of it.

No comments: