Saturday, August 9, 2008

Astounding Athletes


I was sitting in my living room with my mother and sister earlier tonight to watch gymnastics. We watched the men’s still ring event first and we were completely astounded. Have you ever watched that event? If you have, then you know why we were gasping and why we couldn’t tear our eyes away from the TV screen. The flexibility, strength, and balance needed to perform on the still rings is amazing.

Another event I could not believe was the pommel horse. It’s hard for me to find the correct words to describe how impressed I am by gymnasts, but again, I could not turn my eyes away from the screen. What I find most compelling about gymnasts is that they have to perform well in many different areas and every part of their body is in perfect shape.

The men’s gymnastics team is comprised of Alexander Artemev, Raj Bhavsar, Joseph Hagerty, Jonathan Horton, Justin Spring, and Kevin Tan, and I will definitely continue to watch them compete throughout this summer. Gymnastics has always been one of my favorite events to watch because of the incredible and completely astonishing things gymnasts can do. They amaze me every time.

Comment below and tell me which events you like to watch and why. Tell me about your favorite athletes and what you admire about them.

No comments: