Saturday, August 23, 2008

Beijing Olympics


Athletes from around the world have come together over the past few weeks to perform amazing athletic feats and break world records. Every four years when the Olympics happen, the world marvels at all the talented athletes and pays close attention to sports that are usually ignored.

Sports like diving and gymnastics don’t get a lot of attention during non-Olympic times, but during the Olympics everyone watches them. Obscure sports like racewalking and archery are introduced to the world during the Olympics and the public learns more about them. I have really loved the past few weeks and have enjoyed learning about sports that I previously didn’t know about.

I imagine that the Olympics must inspire people around the world to try their best in not only sports, but everything they do. I know that it has inspired me to dance better and believe that I can accomplish more. When I am dancing and thinking about the pressure or exhaustion, I think about how dedicated the Olympians are and how much pressure they have to deal with.

It seems to me that the 2008 Beijing Olympics have gone by very fast and I wish that they would last a little longer. What were your favorite parts of the Olympics? Did you learn about any new sports over the past few weeks?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Michael Phelps rocked the house. An unbelievable accomplishment. The 8 gold medals were even more impressive considering the participation of his teammates in earning several of the awards.