Saturday, August 16, 2008

The People Who Make It Happen


I love playing sports, and I am grateful for my parents and my school because they help make it possible for me to play sports. My parents sign me up, pay, and take me to practices and games. If they didn’t take care of all that stuff, then it would be really hard for me to play sports. Also, if the school didn’t have sports teams, then I wouldn’t be able to run track and play soccer for my school.

Similarly, the Olympics would not be there if there were not people working behind the scenes. There are so many people that work on organizing the Olympics, taking care of the athletes, taking care of the venues, and so much more. Even though the athletes are the stars of the Olympics, we should remember that there are many people who work behind the scenes to make the Olympics amazing.

In fact, all sports and sporting events would not exist if it wasn’t for all those people and all that work that goes into making sports amazing. There are committees that make up and update the rules of various sports and committees that decide which players will be attending the Olympics. There is an immense amount of organizing and planning that goes into sports and I did not realize this until I started watching the Olympics. The Olympics is such a huge event, and I never thought about what had to be done to make it that way. I assumed the athletes were the most important part, but I now realize that the organizers are important as well because they make the Olympics possible.

Comment below and tell me about the people that make it possible for you to play sports.

No comments: