Thursday, August 7, 2008

Last Minute Tension


There are two minutes left in the game. The score is tied. Everyone is tense and on their toes, hoping their team will score.

I play soccer and I know that when there is little time left in the game and the score is tied, everyone becomes more desperate. Everyone goes all out and give the last couple minutes everything they have. In short, I think situations like this are some of the most exciting situations you can encounter in sports and bring out the best playing in everyone.

When I went to Hawaii to play in a soccer tournament with my soccer team we had a game like this. Both teams had scored early on in the game and with 10 minutes left it was a 1-1 tie. We knew we had to win that game to do well in the tournament and we were desperate to score. As the minutes dwindled down to five and then two, desperation grew and we hoped that we still had time left to score. We had a few close shots but none of them went in and the tension grew. Everyone was holding their breath and hoping that we would score before the referee blew the final whistle signaling the end of the game. Unfortunately there was no happy ending and the game ended in a tie.

Although we did not win, I am very proud of myself and my team for playing hard throughout the whole game. We never gave up and everyone tried their best, and in the end that’s what counts, right?

Have you ever played or watched a game that was tied near the end? Comment below and tell me about it.

No comments: