Saturday, October 25, 2008

Starting the Streak


So we know what it takes to be a great athlete, right? A big body, huge muscles, toughness and, of course, talent. Maybe that’s all we can think of off the top of our heads, but I think there’s one important thing missing from that list: dedication. Mainly, dedication like sticking with something for a long time until you achieve your goal, no matter what.

I hope dedication is part of being a great athlete, because I don’t have the huge body or the muscles. It’s something I’ve really worked on as I’ve practiced running. Running doesn’t seem that hard; everyone knows how to do it. But being able to run for a long time without the pain bothering you takes practice day after day after day. To make this a little more interesting for myself, I set a goal: I want to catch up to some of the best “streakers” in the sport of running.

What’s a streaker? A streaker is simply someone who’s on a running “streak”. It means they’ve run at least one mile every day for a long period of time. The longest streak I’ve heard of is 38 years. For 38 years, the guy ran at least a mile a day (including six weeks with a broken foot). Why did he do it? Just to prove (to himself) that he could do it and that he loved running so much that he would put time into it every day, no matter what happened.

So here’s the deal: After I go to college, I’m going to go on a streak. I’m going to try to run at least a mile every day, because I love this sport and want to show it. Now you’ve got to tell me, is there any sport you’re dedicated to? Would you do it every day? How long could you keep it up? Tell us below!

48 comments:

Unknown said...

its homer its homer its homer a fat lazy chum - Demi Lovato

Unknown said...

HI GAMES GIRLS
- hannah

Unknown said...

The sport im dedicated to is swimming. someday im going to join a swim team!!! - hotbabe

Unknown said...

I didnt read all of that cuz I am too lazy. - MizClaudie12

Unknown said...

why cant we play the games or watch tv - bannana

Unknown said...

ha - purplemist

Unknown said...

the yellow guy is weird - Spots

Unknown said...

pls add food on all the tables - Purple Lily

Unknown said...

This blog makes alot of sense and i understand it! i always active and you should be, too! so go outside and play! - King Rex

Unknown said...

hi
- cool girl

Unknown said...

Hi - beenie

Unknown said...

each animal has its own powers - zaltar

Unknown said...

I was jokeing lol im dedicated to running because im the fastest in my school - King Rex

Unknown said...

lol
- cutiepie

Unknown said...

hello - Hillary

Unknown said...

lalalalala
- casey809

Unknown said...

Ok........I like the pitchere on the blog,awsome Homer Simson!

_roxy - roxy

Unknown said...

i really understand tht i need to be more active i think i will start running right after i finish this sentence -BaNaNa - banana

Unknown said...

hay - panda love

Unknown said...

kewl dis is my fave place i love sports
- Lollagirl123

Unknown said...

WOW!!
please try extra hard! i would love to see your face in the Guinness Book of World Records. I love your dedication.
WELL...GET RUNNIN'!:):):)!
devilpuppy4ever1510 aka Zweety aka cool to the core aka marmeeska aka Leah - cool to the core

Unknown said...

home r the winners - spot

Unknown said...

I LOVE VOLLEYBALL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! - cuddles

Unknown said...

i love you
- shadow

Unknown said...

thats inspierering or how ever u spell that-andy - andy

Unknown said...

i think everyone needs to exercise because if you don't you will be lazy and eat all the time,and if you do that you will become fat and you might die. - angel

Unknown said...

THIS PLACE IS AWESOME - skull chick

Unknown said...

this is cool u rock - Redpaw

Unknown said...

pie is awsome - Food

Unknown said...

i want to be a star with musles - Cutie

Unknown said...

i love football - megatron

Unknown said...

cool - jackyson

Unknown said...

hahahahah lol wow love tasha - tasha

Unknown said...

i love to eercise,but not to much because if your to skinny u can get killed becauese u have no body fat,and bodyfat help u live - tomboy girl

Unknown said...

homer homer its HOMER - tomboy girl

Unknown said...

I will beat every body here in sports
- igorman

Unknown said...

I CAN BEAT EVERY BODY HERE IN SPORTS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
- igorman

Unknown said...

i think every body loves sports like the simpsons right well sometime bye tell me soon! - Kati

Unknown said...

I say that makes a point a HUGE point!!! =D - Jmaster1021

Unknown said...

i love the simpsoms - chip

Unknown said...

GOOOO TEAM! - minnie

Unknown said...

i did not know that! - gliter moon

Unknown said...

i dont have al lot of dedication when it comes to sports...but its something im working on...i think it will help me become a better athelete!
`cheese

- Cheese

Unknown said...

cRAZY - pepper

Unknown said...

I didn't really read the blog,but it has something to do with sports I'm geussing. I don't play onh any teams,though. I'm a dancer,about to be in a ballet preformance!!!!
I pratice everyday and do LOTS pf stretches with my feet and lower body. I also do alot of stretches with my uppe body, too. I plan to become a great dancer, and even though it's lots of stretching and spinning till you puke, I love dancing!!!!!!!
''When the going gets tough, the tough dances!!!''
-Maddy - maddy

Unknown said...

hv - Lucy the loyal puppy

Unknown said...

lol thats hilarous!i didnt know you like the simsons
- Princess Amanda

Unknown said...

run fast - ja123