Thursday, October 23, 2008

High Pressure Sports Situations


Have you ever been really nervous before a big game or sporting event? Right now I am pretty nervous for a big dance recital that I have coming up. The recital includes me dancing in front of 300 people for 2 and half hours BY MYSELF!

I have been preparing for this performance for the last couple of months and I have another 5 weeks to keep improving. I know that I will be prepared because I have been practicing everyday and working really hard. Everything is coming together but that doesn’t stop the butterflies in my stomach when I think about such a big performance. As the day comes closer, I am realizing more and more the reality of how big an event this will be and I find myself getting more nervous.

Now, I am not nervous-scared, instead I am more nervous-excited. I love dancing and performing and I have performed in front of hundreds of people before…but never alone. That is what makes me most nervous about this performance. I have spoken to other people who have given similar performances to the one I will give. They all tell me that I will not be nervous on the day of the performance if I prepare well and am confident in my ability to dance. I sure hope they are right!

Have you ever played in a high pressure game or performance where you were nervous beforehand? Comment below and tell me about it.

28 comments:

Unknown said...

Great tip!

-oreo - oreo

Unknown said...

Dear reader,
I am about to be dancing a BIG part in the Nutcracker!
It's not that big,but I'm the ''head soldier''!!!! I have to lead my soldiers to the battle with the ''mice''. I'm REALLY nervous,even on dress rehersals. I've never put my hair up in a neat bun with jel or hair-spray! Always messy buns or ponytails and a baseball cap!! I am now alot more confident in my work because of this blog,I will practice every day.
-Maddy - maddy

Unknown said...

i like the red socks baseball team the most!!!! - Dutch

Unknown said...

i love hockey you should get a hockey pic!!!!!!!!!!!!! - Hello

Unknown said...

''Bealive in yourzelf and it will be fine!''
_roxy - roxy

Unknown said...

time work - BRIANNA

Unknown said...

Wow. I've always wanted to be a dancer. Rock on, Chickee!!!!!
-STar
- Star

Unknown said...

one day i was playing the tapemeshere in the play ''Mary Poppens''.when i did it i felt nervese and scard.

_roxy - roxy

Unknown said...

hey
- Courtney123

Unknown said...

Has anyone ever heard of Gelic football? - Leon

Unknown said...

go leo lions woah woodlan strike looser winner - Brooklyn

Unknown said...

Yikes butterfly - Sk8ter girl

Unknown said...

you rock
- nikki82272

Unknown said...

hi my name is jun jun but my real name is mel .My favorite sports are volleyball,basketball,and mostly soccer ball .iwas o a team when lived in LA but now im in hesperia so decideed not to play 4 a while - jun jun

Unknown said...

i was a balate girl - TINKLE

Unknown said...

I have a high pressure sport as well- I run on my school's cross country team. I get so nervous before every race because I don't know how good I will do against my opponents. I have also gotten tripped in a race and fell. Plus, I just about collapse when I finish- the races get pretty face paced. - Twilight

Unknown said...

well, i sorta know how you feel, tring really hard for something, then that tingily feeling right before you go on. i was in a lot of plays for my county, and i understand TOATALLY! - pandi

Unknown said...

HI !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :-D - bubbles

Unknown said...

being first in zookazoo games is awsome
- Fred

Unknown said...

hi - Lily

Unknown said...

dont worry about it youl be fine. - Pronto

Unknown said...

kul kul kul - rosy1011

Unknown said...

I think this sport lounge is a great idea - maria

Unknown said...

hey peeps! - Cheese

Unknown said...

hi im angel i love karati and soccer i whant to be a ninja - angel

Unknown said...

hihihihihihihihi - lala21

Unknown said...

i have been scared befroe too!it is soo freaky.....i was in a cheerleading game and i fell off someone when they picked me up!i fell face-first!!!!
(3 years ago) so i no how you guys feel!!!TOTALLY! - spot

Unknown said...

e a good sport
- zackymax