Monday, October 27, 2008

Racing!


In gym class, do you ever have to run a timed mile? Watching how people run the mile is a really interesting way to see how different people can be. There is the person up-front that is super excited to run (me) and runs to exhaustion to get the best time possible. Then there are the people that just run the mile at a nice pace- not exerting themselves too much.

I've always thought this is the funniest group- the kids that walk around the track talking with friends the whole way. Every once in a while they'll run hard if the teacher yells at them, but usually they just walk and chat- having a great time. Which kind of runner are you? Do you try and get the best time in the world?

What is your best mile time? I once ran the mile in 5 minutes and 40 seconds- I was exhausted afterwards. What is your slowest time? Have you ever had to a WALKING mile? It's really difficult to do, but you have to keep one foot on the ground at all time! If you try and go really fast walking, it can look a little silly

24 comments:

Unknown said...

cool - jayden11

Unknown said...

that a way kids get heathly
- Mizz Mia

Unknown said...

why isnt biig fat homer on - Demi Lovato

Unknown said...

hey girls and boys i was wondering how long you guys have to jog in gym from spotty - spotty

Unknown said...

good job

- cjoy

Unknown said...

cool.good job. cjoys - cjoy

Unknown said...

my sister has to run 1 hole mile she seid it is hardand i have to run 5 mile's i know im 8 but i do : )
love,
spot/rachel k. - Spot

Unknown said...

WOW INTERESTING POST. wHEN I RUN THE MILE I JUST PASE MYSELF. SOEM PEOPLE THINK THAT GIRLS ARE SLOWER BUT THATS WRONG. IM ONLY FAST WHEN I NEED TO BE. LIKE WHEN IM CHASING SOMEONE FOR HITTING ME ORYA STUFF LIKE THAT. WEL NICE TO SEE YOU WRITE. I HAVE A BLOG THAT I HAVE A ND PEOPLE GO ON IT ALL THE TIME TO COMMET ON IT. - BUETY QWEEN

Unknown said...

pie - izzy

Unknown said...

My fastest time doing the mile is 11 minutes. It takes me a long time to finish. I walk half a lap and then run the other half so I won't be so tired. You try it. - Megan

Unknown said...

soooo coool - Google

Unknown said...

ilovespors - jewel

Unknown said...

OMG I CANT BELIEVE THAT THAY HAVE 8 YEAR OLDS RUN 5 MILES OMG - love tiger

Unknown said...

THIS IS A COOL - kittys

Unknown said...

hockey rules!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! - Hello

Unknown said...

Yea i do it's really hard to do it in 8 min - Genna

Unknown said...

boys may think im slow but they r WROG 12 boys chased me,and couldnt catch me,they wer skinny to,they r slowpokes. they r reallly sssllloooww,and i mean that,i mean wen they run it takes the 5 min. to get to a slide to a swing the slide is net to the swings,OMG,THEY R SLOW - tomboy girl

Unknown said...

Boring! - Cloe

Unknown said...

i love zookazoo - Purple Lily

Unknown said...

i think this is a nice artical and i enjoyed it a lot. - coolchick

Unknown said...

im sorta in the middle i talk some times but i do run/jog too. i basicly do my best except for the talking part :) - checkers

Unknown said...

hiya im princess jasmine!!!! talk 2 me plz pplz kuz i m bored here!!!! - Princess Jasmine

Unknown said...

thats crazy! - Jet Man

Unknown said...

kools - skater dude