Tuesday, October 21, 2008


Some people are naturally talented, but even they have to do their job day in and day out. Practicing to do the same thing, every time one does it is really where an athlete gets his or her skill, by fixing the little flaws in their technique that could keep them from beating the competition. This is tremendously important to being a great athlete. But sometimes, it isn’t even as easy as just telling yourself to practice; you have to work to find a time to get it done.


This happened to me this morning. My workout calendar called for a long morning run, but I had to be at work really early, too. I had a few choices. I could have slept through the workout and saved my strength for my job. Or I could get up a little earlier, and make the run. That’s what I picked. I love my sport and can’t stand a day where I didn’t do anything to get better. I was a little more tired than usual, but I felt good knowing that I made the right call and that I’d be better for it.


What kinds of choices do you have to make to get your workouts done around your life changes? Tell us how you feel about training to be the better athlete!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

YEA I DA #1 COMMENTER IM DA DUDE! - Derek