Tuesday, June 24, 2008

Water Sports - swimming and diving


Summer is finally here! I love summer because I get to swim a lot and play with water games like slip n' slides and water balloons!

Swimming is a great way to cool off during really hot summers. It is also so much fun! Some people swim competitively and learn how to do many different types of strokes. I think that is really cool but I’m not very good at swimming fast so usually I just like to swim for fun. Diving is also a popular water sport and some people can do amazing dives of off really high platforms. Do you know how to dive? Have you ever seen a diver in person or on TV? This summer the Olympics are going on in Beijing, China so there will be lots of chances to watch people dive and swim on TV.

I seem to swim more during the summer months than I do during the rest of the year. How about you? Do you swim a lot during the year or mostly during summertime?

Summer is also a great time to play other games and sports with water. What sports and games do you like to play during the summer? What water sports do you like playing?

No comments: