Thursday, March 12, 2009

Sports Movies


Remember the Titans, Shaoulin Soccer, Bend it like Beckham, and Field of Dreams all have something in common –they are all sports movies that I love! Movies about sports are very important because they help shape the way we perceive sports and they are part of the culture that has sprung up around sports. They are also very entertaining and fun to watch!

In a lot of sports movies there is a workout scene where there is a montage of clips showing a team or person working out to intense or inspirational music. I absolutely love those workout scenes because often times they are when the transformation takes place with the main team or person in the movie. Sometimes those scenes are corny and unrealistic, but they always get me excited and give me the feeling that anything is possible if you work for it.

I have noticed that in many sports movies, the underdog team or player succeeds in the end. Even though this may not happen very often in real life, it is exciting to watch it happen in the movies because it reminds us that it is possible. Many movies also show sports as a way to bond with other people and overcome differences in order to succeed with the sport.

I think sports movies are a great way to pass the time and enjoy sports. Comment below and tell me about your favorite sports movies and the best parts about them.

38 comments:

Unknown said...

hmmmm my fav movie has 2 b stick it
an my fav part is wen umm i 4got her name but
shes the main charater realizes u dont always
have 2 win, u just need 2 enjoy it an b confident tht u
got it. - sweetiepie a.k.a. heatthunder - sweetiepie

Unknown said...

my favorite sport movie is REMEBER THE TITANS! i lov ethat movie, i have cn it like 5 times, but i cant watch it any more cuz my sister broke it bcuz i always watched and she got sik of it. my all time favorite move was twilight, - Ferncloud

Unknown said...

Soccer is my favorite sport and my favorite player of all times was Mia Hamm! I loved jer but she sadly retired! Now I really like Abby Wamback but she is not as great!!! - George

Unknown said...

me and my mom love him
- virgin moble

Unknown said...

thts right
- chrisfoster

Unknown said...

GO HOME I KNOW U WILL WIN. U ARE THE BEST TEAM
EVER. YOUR WHOLE TEAM ROCKSSSSSSSSSSSSSS
ITS THE BEST.................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................... - masked one

Unknown said...

Wow! - Moondust

Unknown said...

this is cool - Flame

Unknown said...

i know what you mean because i love movies to - miss walker

Unknown said...

I am kas - monkey100

Unknown said...

I realy dont care! - Duffy

Unknown said...

I LOVE BEND IT LIKE BECKHAM! OMG! I DON'T HAVE A FAV PART CUZ THEY'RE ALL GOOD! MY ALL TIME FAV MOVIE EVER SO FAR IS TWILIGHT, THOUGH. LOL. - bella

Unknown said...

HE IS SO KUTE!
- CUTIE1

Unknown said...

i would like if someone was here to play this game with me - ladybug3

Unknown said...

i love these pics - ladybug3

Unknown said...

hes hhhhhhhhhhhooooooooooooootttttttttttttttttt!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! - ladybug3

Unknown said...

he is pretty cute he is good at soccer
- tomboy45

Unknown said...

COOL! - peewee

Unknown said...

so kewl!!!!!!!! - cloe

Unknown said...

he is so cuite!!!!!!! and good - cloe

Unknown said...

Zooers Eagles - Enternity

Unknown said...

NEVA - lo12364

Unknown said...

i think winning is enery thing - MADDIE

Unknown said...

ya'll rock. - rosey

Unknown said...

bad
- pandagirl 9

Unknown said...

hey cool i gess - bully

Unknown said...

i only like basketball srry not!!!! - m2b4

Unknown said...

cool - Cleo

Unknown said...

why r we talking about sports we should talk about tv and everything not sports!!!!!! - dadysgirl607

Unknown said...

HI - cooldude45

Unknown said...

wow - mati270

Unknown said...

u - sprkl

Unknown said...

he is hot
- YanelysC0509

Unknown said...

go home!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! - Audrey

Unknown said...

i love soccer so i love that its cool - spot

Unknown said...

this look crazy i dont under stand ? - rose

Unknown said...

i love hockey better - ashley

Unknown said...

hi twilght
- my cell